Release notes for AsterFax version 1.0 beta 6b.
AsterFax provides an Email to Fax gateway for the transmission of faxes
Beta 6 continues to add additional functionality as per the roadmap
laid out on the
AsterFax home page (http://asterfax.sourceforge.net).
Beta 6b has been released in response to problems with the outbound
Some SMTP servers require authentication. The
<OutBoundMail><SMTP> settings now optionally
take a username and password.
Additionally some SMTP servers are configured to only accept emails
from specific domains.
When sending emails (archive, delivery receipts, errors) AsterFax
usings the localhost's
domain when generating the from address. This has caused problems with
some SMTP servers.
As such the <OutBoundMail> element now supports an optional
<From> element which can be
set to an email address for use in the From field. e.g.
Only upgrade if you are having specific SMTP problems as described
1. Shutdown the AsterFax daemon.
2. Backup your existing AsterFax install directory.
3. Unzip the release files into a temp directory.
4. Copy AsterFax.jar into the /usr/lib/asterfax directory.
5. If required manually enter the new <From>, <Username>
and <Password> elements.
5. Restart the AsterFax daemon.
6. Run the test suite as per the standard installation instructions.